Legal Metrology packaging rules provide the various provisions related to declarations to be made on the packaging of the commodity. The act provides the various rules and guidelines related to the declarations on various kinds of commodities by the manufacturer, importer, packer, and seller of the commodity. It tells how the declaration on the package has to be made in a certain form. All such provisions of the declarations are given below.
Quantity Declaration Provision
- The quantity declared on the package shall correspond to the net quantity which shall be received by the consumer.
- The net quantity of the community should be properly mentioned on the package along with the weight of wrappers and materials other than the commodity.
- The declaration on the commodity shall not mention the qualified word such as “when packed”.
Declaration of Name and Address
- The name and address of the manufacturer should be properly declared on the package of the commodity.
- The complete name and the complete address of the manufacturing unit of the manufacturer should be mentioned on the commodity.
- If the manufacturer is not a packer, then the information related to the packer should be mentioned on the commodity.
- If the case of import and export of weight and measures and commodities the proper name and address of the importer must be given on the package of the commodity.
- The name of the manufacturer, importer, and packer shall be the actual corporate name.
- If it is not corporate, then the name under which the business is conducted by such a manufacturer, importer, or packer in India, the name and address of the business should be mentioned on the package.
Legal Metrology Consultancy for Declaration
- Where any manufacturer, importer, or Packer of the commodity deals under the Legal Metrology, and the Indian market have to be very careful about the declarations on the package of the comedy. From this article, we got to know about the different provisions of the declarations and their importance in the Indian market.
- All these provisions should be properly complied by the manufacturer, importer, and Packer of the commodity while dealing in the Indian market and they should ensure that they are running their business as per the Indian metrology system.
- Indian Legal metrology system is typically made for the consumer to protect the interest of the consumer and to build trust between the consumer and the business.
- So, every manufacturer, importer, and the packer must go through the provisions of declarations as per the Legal metrology packaging rules while dealing in the Indian market and if in case any of the business is facing any kind of problem in such following provisions then he may consult the legal metrology consultancy for the best advice and also, they can help you out in telling what declaration to be made on the package and what declaration to be made on the package.
- Also, they will let you know about the declaration place on the package and about its colour and all other mandatory provisions.
- It is also advisable to every business prior starting the business in the Indian market they should consult a legal metrology consultancy to avoid further hindrance and legal consequences against them.
Read Related Blog: The Silent Feature of Weights and Measures
Post a Comment